Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Taking risks

I spent today working with my team. It was great and the beginning of some great things for ucyc. We are taking risks, calculated ones in the near future. But bigger, more uncertain things lie ahead of us.

I was reminded of this idea tonight while watching my daughter Charis walk on the front porch. It is a blast watching my kid walk...it makes me smile. When she approaches a step because she has no depth perception, she will lay down on her stomach and slide and tell her feet hit the ground.

This looks hilarious, but it makes perfect sense. In fact, she gets it. She realizes that right now for her to get to where she is going she has to drag herself, get dirty, scratch her legs, crawl, scrape whatever to reach her goal. She has to risk to reach her goal.

We have to risk to move forward with anything we do.
Will I risk and ask for forgiveness?
Am I willing to risk security for integrity?
Why is it so hard to truly trust God?

Life is good and presents us so many choices. Will I choose to live a risky life?



I

No comments: