Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Guitar surgery and guitar players

I love playing my Guild D-30 guitar. The guitar is in surgery right now getting some much needed attention after moving to the driest environment on the planet. Thankfully, it will be safely within arms reach in the next couple of days.

At thirty I realize a couple of things about music now,

1.Playing the guitar is a lot of fun and it's therapeutic.

2.I've always wanted to learn how to play lead guitar, but rhythm is where my strengths lie. I'm cool with that....

3.I hope to learn to play lead guitar like some of my friends Justin Ostrander, Jake Eyler or Holohan I really do nothing that unique to pull all the incredible tone out of the guitar like these guys do. But I'm learning.

Musically I'm trying to listen to some new bands. For instance, Carrie and I heard the band Vampire Weekend on SNL. Amazing band. Fun name. Great music. Really crazy stuff.

Tonight I was reading up on all things acoustic guitar and heard about a guy named Andy McKee. You have to check this video out. It is incredible. If you are a fan of Phil Keaggy you will love this. Videos like this, inspire me to learn and show me that I'm a pleeb musically.

No comments: