Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wichita

Ahhh, Wichita....

Finally got here. Interesting day it was my friend. There is one person who reads this. Thank you Linda. :)

American Airlines stands for, your flight has been delayed thirty minutes do to backed up air traffic above the city. Fun.

Seriously, I'm weird. I love spontaneity. Just not when it inconveniences me. I love flexibility, but only when I'm not always willing to reciprocate. As much as anyone I want a second chance, but, you can see where this is going, I don't want to hand them out.

Today was a reminder of patience, grace and not being in such a big hurry. Sure I only got to see my in laws for like ten minutes before they went to bed, but I did get to see them. And that is why I came here to make connections, albeit brief ones, but to do it face to face. To expect others to be spontaneous, flexible and to extend grace during my time here.

Wichita. All these things came to mind as I was driving here. As much as I hate being away from my family, friends and home. I love what happens when I have the chance to think. When my flight is delayed and the rental car bus is late. Great things happen when my plans are delayed. Am I willing to see these things in those moments?

2 comments:

Fitness In Real Life said...

For the record, more than one person reads this....unless you think my name is Linda, which would be weird and I'd probably stop reading.

Twelve Thirty said...

nice man. thanks for reading.