Friday, March 28, 2008

Valley of the sun

So, I was fortunate to spend a couple of days in one of my favorite places this week. Phoenix...it is a great city. Sure it's busy, you can see the air, traffic is as backed up as a guy who ate too much cheese. But I love it and it's nice to feel surrounded by people. There's something comforting about it.

I'm heading back there tomorrow to here David Kinnaman share about his new book unChristian. It's excellent and is a must read for anyone who takes their faith seriously. He will be sharing at the alternative service at CCV.

In preparation for tomorrow, I've been searching my heart. I would like to think I'm culturally savvy enough to take on any subject. But, I think that's my biggest issue. Pride. I'm all of the chapters in that book and it's embarrassing. I need redemption from it all. I need hope and grace to navigate through this life.

In the midst of this crappy reality. I seek to follow Jesus. Praying that humility will be embodied in my life on the road ahead.

It dawned on me how much opportunity I have to cling to hope. Hope is the fuel for living in a timely way with timeless faith.

No comments: