Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Allergies

For as long as I can remember I've been allergic to something. Milk when I was little. Penicillin when I was a toddler. Girls when I was in junior high. Bills when I was in college. When I was young, my mom would always warn me to avoid cats and so I did with a holy passion. Unfortunately, last year I found out I'm allergic to dogs and everything else in Kansas. Allergies, they suck, really bad. For those of you fortunate enough to not battle allergies. I heart you.

I was reading about some organic vitamins that would help me lose visceral fat, rest better and fight against harmful allergens. And I thought, sweet, let's go for it and then I read reviews of the products through amazon and the comments spoke to otherwise. My hopes crushed..

I say this because this morning while David was wiping his eyes like an old lady at a Neil Diamond concert, it donned on me that we all could move to Hawaii. Because everyone from the midwest moves here to get away from allergies, but then it sunk in that there is more green in Hawaii than there is in Kansas. Although we might accidentally run into the cast members of Lost and make the journey totally worth it.

Fellow allergy sufferers I feel your pain. I heard Iceland has no allergy issues. Maybe that would work?

No comments: