Friday, January 30, 2009

Family

Family has been the most important part of my life as long as I can remember. Our parents worked their tails off (and still do) to provide us a solid foundation and I'm so thankful for the investment they made in the life of our family directly.

Carrie and I have started to do bible lessons with our kids. At times it's hit or miss, but the goal lately is a family night once a week. We have a good meal together, a dance party usually breaks out and then we read a devotion together, followed by memorizing scripture as a family. I don't say to brag. Simply to suggest that we all have choices we make everday and for now the best choice for us and our family is telling them about the gospel.

Our desire is to make Jesus the central focus of our lives and family life. I can't really describe in words how thankful I am for my family and kids...it's hard to do. Equally, I know God has entrusted me as a father to love Jesus first, their mother second, so they can see my actions match with my beliefs and finally to pour into them as a father, coach and teacher. Wherever you are, no matter what stage of life.
Consider your influence.

Around what do you center your life?
Who is watching you?
Where do you spend the majority of your time?
How are striving to improve your relationships with others?

No comments: