Saturday, June 6, 2009

New things..

So, for the longest time I've focused on only things that I know I can accomplish with ease. Playing the guitar, networking with people (new or familiar), organizing people for a project, putting resources together, preparing lesson for teaching, starting small groups and connecting people into those small groups.

Today, I installed an alternator in my truck. I learned in general more about my 1992 Ford F-150 that I've been driving for the last 15 months. I've gained so much respect for Grandpas, Dad and others who can easily look at the interworkings of an engine and know what the heck they are doing.

I'm reminded of the value of doing something new each day and how valuable these small experiences are in everyday life. It's easy to become complacent with what we know and never explore the things we don't understand. In my case, mechanics. Regardless, of where your passions are, strive to learn something new today.

No comments: